Section 10 of the Pacific Highway upgrade is now well under way. This has been a controversial issue as it crosses the Blackall Range and bisects a critical koala habitat. Whilst residents and FOK lost the fight to secure a different route, FOK is determined to work with the RMS to ensure minimal impact on koalas if possible. Read more…
In the News
- More than 2000 koalas feared dead in NSW bushfire emergency
- Aussie Ark to create Koala Ark - a sanctuary at Barrington Tops
- Qld Government unveils landmark plan to protect our precious Koalas
- Mayor wants logging halted in koala 'stronghold' until bushfires over
- Impact on wildlife worsens.
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital struggles with increase of animals after devastating bushfires
- Bushfires too much for koalas to bear as victims overwhelm RSPCA
- Koala saved from bushfire by brave shirtless rescuer dies
- Close to $1M raised for Australian wildlife caught in bushfires
- Burnt koala rescued by ex-policeman as northern NSW burns
No upcoming event records found to display.