The grant will go directly to upgrading bird and koala rehabilitation facilities, as well as turtle recovery ponds and pools. New industrial-grade washing machines and various maintenance and repairs will also be included. Federal Member for Fisher Andrew Wallace said the grant would help koalas in … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Call for forestry halt after koala national park assessment revealed
- Koala Habitat Restoration Program round 2 now open for Gunnedah, Liverpool Plains Shire ...
- Government gives $150m to aid wildlife recovery after bushfires
- Dog finds some 100 koalas in fire-hit land
- Tree trunks take a licking as koalas source water
- New virus in bats linked to AIDS-like disease decimating koalas
- Destruction of habitat sped up after koalas were listed as vulnerable
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital has released injured koalas back into the wild
- Meet the extraordinary Koala Rescue Dog making a big difference after Australia's Bushfires
- Bear the dog helps rescue koalas in Australia's horror bushfire conditions
No upcoming event records found to display.