Eight NSW environment groups have written to the NSW Premier urging her to intervene to protect an area of Gladstone State Forest, near Bellingen, vital to the protection of koalas in NSW. Logging operations are planned in Gladstone State Forest where hundreds of koala scats were found by … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Call for forestry halt after koala national park assessment revealed
- Koala Habitat Restoration Program round 2 now open for Gunnedah, Liverpool Plains Shire ...
- Government gives $150m to aid wildlife recovery after bushfires
- Dog finds some 100 koalas in fire-hit land
- Tree trunks take a licking as koalas source water
- New virus in bats linked to AIDS-like disease decimating koalas
- Destruction of habitat sped up after koalas were listed as vulnerable
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital has released injured koalas back into the wild
- Meet the extraordinary Koala Rescue Dog making a big difference after Australia's Bushfires
- Bear the dog helps rescue koalas in Australia's horror bushfire conditions
No upcoming event records found to display.