North Coast koala populations have declined by 50 per cent in just 20 years but NSW Environment Minister Gabrielle Upton has signed off on land clearing laws which endanger remaining populations, according to the National Parks Association of NSW. NPA chief executive Alix Goodwin said the land … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Government gives $150m to aid wildlife recovery after bushfires
- Dog finds some 100 koalas in fire-hit land
- Tree trunks take a licking as koalas source water
- New virus in bats linked to AIDS-like disease decimating koalas
- Destruction of habitat sped up after koalas were listed as vulnerable
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital has released injured koalas back into the wild
- Meet the extraordinary Koala Rescue Dog making a big difference after Australia's Bushfires
- Bear the dog helps rescue koalas in Australia's horror bushfire conditions
- Minister Matt Kean meets with Great Koala National Park representatives
- Koala losses from recent NSW bushfires 'One of the most significant biodiversity impacts in our ...
No upcoming event records found to display.