A gas company has been given federal approval to clear 54 hectares of koala habitat for new coal seam gas wells on Queensland’s Western Downs. [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- More than 2000 koalas feared dead in NSW bushfire emergency
- Aussie Ark to create Koala Ark - a sanctuary at Barrington Tops
- Qld Government unveils landmark plan to protect our precious Koalas
- Mayor wants logging halted in koala 'stronghold' until bushfires over
- Impact on wildlife worsens.
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital struggles with increase of animals after devastating bushfires
- Bushfires too much for koalas to bear as victims overwhelm RSPCA
- Koala saved from bushfire by brave shirtless rescuer dies
- Close to $1M raised for Australian wildlife caught in bushfires
- Burnt koala rescued by ex-policeman as northern NSW burns
No upcoming event records found to display.