LISMORE’S koalas are “plagued with disease and need more habitat”, according to a new report. The Koala Habitat and Population Assessment 2017 was recently commissioned by Lismore City Council to determine the distribution and abundance of the south-east koala population. The report also … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Australian Reptile Park baby koala thrives after being pulled from mum's pouch
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council encourages people to be aware of koalas
- Could taking koalas back to where they existed 100 years ago save them?
- Govt policy an expensive recipe for koala extinction: NPA
- Port Stephens mourns the loss of koalas in Mambo Wetland bushfire
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital marks 45th birthday
- Koalas are in danger of becoming extinct, WWF warns
- Feisty koala fights good Samaritan who discovers the furry creatures are not so sweet
- Great Koala National Park concept plan to be launched soon
- Koalas could be extinct within 40 years, expert warns
No upcoming event records found to display.