Koalas across the country are under threat and have almost disappeared completely in some areas of Queensland’s so-called Koala Coast. One of the most viable populations in the state’s south-east is now under pressure, as habitat is being bulldozed to make way for affordable housing. [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Mayor wants logging halted in koala 'stronghold' until bushfires over
- Impact on wildlife worsens.
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital struggles with increase of animals after devastating bushfires
- Bushfires too much for koalas to bear as victims overwhelm RSPCA
- Koala saved from bushfire by brave shirtless rescuer dies
- Close to $1M raised for Australian wildlife caught in bushfires
- Burnt koala rescued by ex-policeman as northern NSW burns
- Wildlife experts share critical advice as conditions worsen
- How you can help wildlife impacted by bushfires
- National security wrap
No upcoming event records found to display.