Koalas across the country are under threat and have almost disappeared completely in some areas of Queensland’s so-called Koala Coast. One of the most viable populations in the state’s south-east is now under pressure, as habitat is being bulldozed to make way for affordable housing. [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- Koala losses 'spectacularly huge' after NSW drought, bushfires
- Bushfires hastening NSW koala extinction
- Koala Rescue: The TV event highlighting volunteers, hospitals and bushfire updates
- Koala captured on thermal camera
- Think Australia's bushfires killed a lot of animals? Weak environmental laws threaten the lives of ...
- Recovering Koala Enjoys a Belly Scratch from Australian Army Officer
- Our History | On the hunt for koalas, past and present
- Premier must Intervene and Protect Threatened Species Habitat after Fires
- Syrian refugee children in Jordan draw pictures for Australian bushfire survivors
- Bega Valley koalas show signs of life after fire
No upcoming event records found to display.