It’s hard to look at, but this photo captures the reality facing Australia’s native wildlife every day. Photographer Harrison Warne, 21, took this photo of a koala killed by a car on the New England Highway, near Armidale, in northern New South Wales. But it wasn’t the only native animal he saw dead on the … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- More than 2000 koalas feared dead in NSW bushfire emergency
- Aussie Ark to create Koala Ark - a sanctuary at Barrington Tops
- Qld Government unveils landmark plan to protect our precious Koalas
- Mayor wants logging halted in koala 'stronghold' until bushfires over
- Impact on wildlife worsens.
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital struggles with increase of animals after devastating bushfires
- Bushfires too much for koalas to bear as victims overwhelm RSPCA
- Koala saved from bushfire by brave shirtless rescuer dies
- Close to $1M raised for Australian wildlife caught in bushfires
- Burnt koala rescued by ex-policeman as northern NSW burns
No upcoming event records found to display.