A just released WWF briefing paper reported at least 5184 koalas were killed between 2012 and 2016 due to bulldozing of habitat across the state. Figures show koala deaths have increased from 503 in 2010-11 to 1796 in 2015-16 because of loss of habitat. RSPCA Queensland CEO Mark Townend … [follow link to original story…]
In the News
- More than 2000 koalas feared dead in NSW bushfire emergency
- Aussie Ark to create Koala Ark - a sanctuary at Barrington Tops
- Qld Government unveils landmark plan to protect our precious Koalas
- Mayor wants logging halted in koala 'stronghold' until bushfires over
- Impact on wildlife worsens.
- Currumbin Wildlife Hospital struggles with increase of animals after devastating bushfires
- Bushfires too much for koalas to bear as victims overwhelm RSPCA
- Koala saved from bushfire by brave shirtless rescuer dies
- Close to $1M raised for Australian wildlife caught in bushfires
- Burnt koala rescued by ex-policeman as northern NSW burns
No upcoming event records found to display.