Are you a pro-active administration professional who is interested in joining a leading conservation non-profit organisation? This is your chance to join the professional services team at Friends of the Koala and support koalas across the beautiful Northern Rivers region of NSW.
- Part-time position, Mon – Fri, 10am – 3pm.
- Dynamic role with a variety of responsibilities.
- Full-time equivalent remuneration package of $50-60k depending on experience.
Operating for over 35 years, Friends of the Koala have an established history of working towards positive outcomes for koalas. We maintain a 24/7 Rescue Hotline and rehabilitate and release sick and injured koalas. We operate a Koala Hospital (triage, treatment, and pathology clinic) and Burribi – Widjabul word for Koala – (education and administration centre) in East Lismore, NSW. We also issue koala food trees and other rainforest species, work with all levels of government, and provide advice to landowners on preserving and extending koala habitat.
Reporting to the Manager Operations and Communications, this newly created role is designed to provide administrative support across the organisation and perform onsite reception duties. It also involves assisting with facilities management, volunteer engagement, and digital communications (i.e. social media management).
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY DUTIES
- Ensuring all the facilities and vehicles at the centre are maintained appropriately and advise Manager of required repairs/upgrades.
- Assist with social media, posting and moderating comments on various platforms.
- Oversee sales of merchandise and ensure accurate records are kept and stock levels maintained.
- Support Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer on-boarding and data management processes.
- Ensuring smooth running of the administration office regarding stationary supplies, ingoing/outgoing mail and petty cash.
- Maintain asset register.
- Reception duties, including respond to general email and phone enquiries.
- Proven experience in a relevant administrative role involving facility management.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Work autonomously as well as a member of the team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to collect, store and manage data.
- Previous experience with social media management.
- Previous HR experience.
- Existing WHS qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application should include a resume with contact details for two professional referees and a cover letter (3 pages maximum) outlining how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria for the role.
Please email PDF copies of your application documents to email@example.com [link removed], by 4pm on Friday 5 February 2021.